A big part of the work that we do outside of school term time is the Morecambe FC Community Sports half-term Soccer Schools. The camps run all year round for children aged five to fourteen year of age.
Our group of highly qualified coaches tailor make the soccer school days to be as fun and engaging as possible for those that participate. In addition, they are all CRB checked and can guarantee that no two days will run in the same format.
Where do they take place?
- Mossgate Sports and Community Centre
- LA3 3AW
- Townson Way
When do they take place?
- *February Half-term* (One Week/ three days)
- *April Half-term* (Two Weeks)
- *May Half-term* (One Week/ three days)
- *August Summer Holidays* (4 Weeks/ three days)
- *October Half-term* (One Week/ three days)
*All dates for half-term soccer schools are usually confirmed four to six weeks in advance*
What activities take place at the Soccer Schools?
Each day at one of our soccer schools is different from one another. Children that choose to attend will participate in a range of skill-based activities and games. This will include working on things like passing accuracy, shooting technique, dribbling and ball manipulation and also attacking versus defending scenarios.
Our team of highly qualified coaches adapt their sessions depending on the children’s’ age and ability. As well as taking part in skill activities and games, there are also special competitions throughout the week that participants can try to win.
Each week at one of our Soccer Schools we have a penalty shootout competition in each of the different age groups. Furthermore, they also take part in a version of the World Cup where they get split up into small four or five a side teams and play against one another.
Benefits from attending one of our Soccer Schools?
- It is great value for money, costing just £45 per child for three days running 9am to 3pm.
- Children get to meet plenty of new people and make new friends.
- Our team of highly qualified coaches will provide plenty of fun activities and skill based games to participate in.
- All children receive a medal for attending the week.
- The coaches choice for player and sportsperson of the week will also receive a special trophy.
- It is a great way to further develop your footballing ability in a fun and engaging environment.
We post regular information regarding our half-term soccer schools on our main website and social media accounts.
*We operate in a covid secure environment to make all participants feel safe and follow the most recent government guidance.*